J'aime La Tarantula

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Tarantula Ticks & Toes

This is a severe mite infestation. They gather at vulnerable parts of the Ts such as the beginning joints of the legs and around and between the fangs, even on the openings of the abdomen. Disgusting and annoying. This beautiful female Cyriopagopus sp "blue" died from the infestation. Not a first case for me, I've lost several good Ts to mites and it costed me more than 1k worth of Ts. Thankfully they were from trades and I did not actually buy them.

I managed to save one T from mited by cleaning her out with a cotton bud and namecard, but this one died as I cleaned her.

Sry Schizzie, cudn't save the T u ordered =P
The following are pics of a freshly molted 5" female Honduran Curlyhair Brachypelma albopilosum

These are actually the tips of her legs. The hooks and white thingie looks like a goat's head to me
This one looks like a freaky flower
This one's just wrong..
This is the T pussy
Fangs are white right after a molt


Labels:

3 Comments:

  • *sob sob* baby blue die liao...

    By Blogger schizo-ching, at 5:44 AM  

  • GOsh.. the fank! COooll!!!
    :)

    You've a good collection of tarantula photos here. You took thee photos?
    Very well taken..

    By Blogger curryegg, at 7:25 AM  

  • yeap i took them, just lucky they turned out great ;)

    those are not all that I have. I can't have enough!

    By Blogger Click to Climax, at 11:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home